Tuesday 3 January 2012

New Zealand 2011 - Christmas

Well we arrived from Thailand into New Zealand on 13th November and spent a few lovely days with Dave's family and friends in Christchurch. Here is the amazing view from Dave's auntie's house where we stayed. There was still a lot of damage to the city but it was heart warming to see some rejuvenation happening.


After a week and we were back to Blenheim and at end of November was my birthday... Dave spoiled me rotten. Here's me at a winery for lunch in my new scarf - thanks Kate.



Then we went to the Marlborough Sounds to the bach with my friends from home, Helen and Dave



Here's the Daves getting the fishing rods set up.


While Helen and I caught some rays :)


Then we went out for a spot of rowing and fishing .....


Look what we caught! A blue cod .... plus I was pretty impressed with the light in this photo


Then the obligatory jump off the jetty into the freeeeeeeeezing waters - what a great few days


The following weekend Dave and I took a road trip to the West Coast - we stopped in at Lake Rotoiti


Dave made it to the floating deck - yey! I didn't even manage to keep my shoulders under for more than 2 seconds!!


We passed by the amazing Buller Gorge - an amazing river that goes all the way from Lake Rotoiti to the Tasman sea


...and enjoyed the beautiful scenery of the west coast beaches



In Westport we stayed with Dave's friend Shelley and her family


And visited another friend Cyril and his family who cooked us up a West Coast seafood BBQ which was immense! Elephant fish, whitebait and paua


Then on the way home we visited Punakiki - the pancake rocks



Then Christmas 2011 festivities began with a party - Tom gets his groove on as his guests wear a selection of his many hats


Dave and Damien


Dave and I with some of the ol' Blenheim boys



Then Dave and I cooked a meal for Christmas eve to welcome Dave's sister, Tam and her partner, Matt
 - oyster shooters! And check out my table decoration, floating baubles - inspired!! Sorry I'll stop the self congratulation now ;)


"What was that Terry? My hazelnut pavlova was a taste sensation? How kind" .... yes I know I said no more self congratulations but OMG it was!!!


Matt and Tam kick back on Christmas day before the cooking begins


We exchange presents ...


Tom dons his new apron to commence the cooking with Tam to make the most amazing feast of roast beef and all the trimmings followed by trifle


Then if that wasn't enough on Boxing Day we were all treated to a 7 course fine dining experience at Herzog winery by Dave's parents, Toni and Terry

Matt and Tam


The Gillans


Dave and I all in the beautiful sunset garden of the winery


Let the feast begin - a different wine matched to each course - wow! Thanks Toni and Terry


Then on the 27th it was back to the bach to reeeeelax


And finally New Years Eve in Blenheim - was interesting! We all wore our 3D glasses to brighten up the rainy day and partied...





So that is the end of 2011 which has been the most amazing year of my life. We have travelled the globe and seen more seas and lands than ever before and all with the one we love - ahhh!

And so now we head off to Melbourne to start a new chapter in our lives. We'll keep up the blog so stay tuned.........

Happy New Year xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment